Planned Korea Route
Cycling Tour for one year in Eastern Asia and New Zealand with two children in 2016/2017. To convey a Zen message of a balanced life between humans and nature with stories and outdoor experiences of a family on bicycles and child trailer.
Building on our previous campaign momentum, we continue to highlight climate change challenges and showcase achievable and innovative solutions in three areas:
Energy – Renewable Energy (Solar, Wind, Small Hydro)
Mobility – Cycling and public transport
Ecology – Forest Protection & Afforestation
- Combine family travel & adventurous cycling tour. Showcasing active and mobile outdoor lifestyle with young children in nature.
- Deliberately take time off from Corporate World to re-focus on family and sustainable lifestyle. Highlight benefits of balanced lifestyle as part of nature.
- Visit and support Afforestation projects (plant min. 10 trees per country visited)
- Pledge to reduce our family carbon footprint, by choosing a sustainable mode of transport with children during bike tour. Credibility through personal action.
- Communicate first-hand experience with focus on balanced lifestyle and Climate Protection (Renewable Energy, Mobility and Ecology) and create local and international media awareness (website, social media, print, radio, TV, online).
- Start: April 2016 in Osaka, Japan
- Mode of transport: Overland distance mostly by cycle + boat. CO2 emissions from flights will be compensated for.
- Zen Countries: Japan, South Korea, Taiwan, New Zealand
- Natural challenges: Heat, Dust, Water scarcity, Thunderstorms, Snow, Rain, Extreme tracks
- Mountains & Volcanoes: Volcanoes of Japan and Korea, Yushan Mountain range, Mt Cook National Park, Jeju Island
- Oceans & Lakes: Sea of Japan, East China Sea, South China Sea, South and North Pacific Ocean, Tasman Sea